Crown Stops & 70° Miter Saw
The Ridgid 12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw (R4221) was designed to do just about any job without hassle. Everything on this miter saw moves with ease and most items can stay in place while mitering and beveling. Further, the Ridgid miter saw miters 70° to the left and to the right. The cut capacity of the R4221 is incredible with a 16″ cut at 90 degrees. Incorporated into the dual bevel design is crown molding stops so that you can move the saw head instead of the material.
This items that really stand out to us is the adjustable table sides that easily rotate out of the way allowing for the 70° miters on each side. The fence uppers will slide out of the way for most common crown molding cuts and only need to be removed on more drastic miter and bevel combinations. If you are into lean, this saw allows you to save time simply by its easy of movements and lack of having to remove anything from the saw.
- Adjustable miter and bevel detents with bypass allow for quick adjustments to the most common angles
- LED cut line indication and work-light illuminates work to improve visibility and accuracy of the cut
- 15 Amp motor
- Built-in-dust collection port works with common 1-1/4 in. wet/dry vacuum adapters
- Crown stop mounting holes are compatible with common stops and available RIDGID crown molding stop (not included)
- Blade brake stops blade for quicker transitions in between cuts
- Positive bevel crown molding stops at the most common angles; 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 33.9° and 45° left and right
- Positive miter stops at the most common angles 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, 60° and 67.5° left and right
- 4,000 RPM
When you pull this saw out of the box, it is a pretty large unit with a crazy miter capacity. The saw blade needs to be installed, but for the most part it is assembled. Going through assembly, we were still surprised at the $399.00 price point at Home Depot. That means you can pick up this 12″ or the 10″ or the same price. But when it comes to features, the 12″ is packed with innovative ideas that simply make it one cool saw.
With this saw, and most miter saws, the blade on it could be better. It is a give and take for the price, but we really feel a good blade will help make this saw come to life. The ease of adjustments and how smooth everything moves, compliments the saw and possibly makes the slides for the saw feel a bit rough. If we could change two things on this saw it would be the blade and opt for a smoother slide for the saw head. But the slide is really not that bad and seems to work in and get smoother over time.
Realistically, this is a smoking hot deal for a 12″ miter saw with some serious abilities to do just about anything you need to. We would not be hesitant to recommend it to anyone.
|Product Depth||38.75 in.|
|45 Degree Crosscut capacity max Left||2X12 or 4X6|
|90 Degree Crosscut Capacity max Left||2X16 or 4X6|
|90 Degree Crosscut capacity Max Right||2X16 or 4X6|
|Cord Length||6 ft.|
|Max cutting thickness||4 in.|
|Dust Collection||1.5 in Dust Port|
|Max degree Miter Cuts Left and Right||70|
|Max speed||4,000 RPM|
|Max miter capacity||70|