DXST4500 Vs DXST10000
DEWALT offers awesome storage racks that they have named Titan Industrial Racks. They are specifically made for garage organization and are strong enough to be used commercially. Organizing my garage and getting the look we wanted has been somewhat of a challenge, but since the DEWALT Shop Stool and Garage Bench were purchased, we decided to continue this look throughout the garage. The choice of what unit to purchase was difficult because they look so similar online. But the further you dive into the specifications, the more clear it because as to what was needed. To help anyone else in my situation, we made this video to show you both of the models offered and give you an idea of the size difference that justifies the price differences.
First, the DEWALT DXST4500 is a 4 Foot Tall, 3 Shelf Industrial Rack with solid laminate decks. You can also get a model that has mesh shelves. There are priced around $100 and have specific dimensions of 48 in. High x 50 in. Wide x 18 in. Deep. The three black laminate wood composite decks or the steel mesh can each support an evenly distributed 1,500 lb. for a total of 4,500 lb. The uprights, crossbeams, and support straps are all made from powder-coated steel and are designed so that each shelf has 5 support straps to prevent them from twisting or buckling under pressure. The shelves are adjustable in 2.35-inch increments and the locking pins ensure that each shelf is properly installed. The rack has glass-filled nylon feet so it will not damage flooring and a wall mount bracket so you can secure your rack against any accidental tipping. Each rack also includes 2 stacking plates to join two racks together vertically or connect them horizontally using the shelves alone. For easy assembly two uprights come with pre-installed horizontal and diagonal support beams making getting started fast and stress-free.
- Each shelf can support 1,500 lb. for a total 4,500 lb. capacity
- Yellow powder coated steel will not fade or chip
- Rugged glass-filled nylon foot pads prevent scratched flooring
- 3 shelves feature a total of 5 support straps to prevent twisting or spreading under heavy loads
- Locking pins ensure crossbeams stay seated and wall mounting anchor bracket secures the rack against accidental tipping
- Shelves are adjustable in 2.35 in. increments
- Join multiple racks together to create a complete storage or workspace solution
- Stress-free assembly
Next, the DEWALT DXST10000 6 Foot Tall, 4 Shelf Industrial Rack has three industrial metal wire grid shelves and one black laminate wood composite deck can each support an evenly distributed 2,500 lbs. for a total of 10,000 lbs. The uprights, crossbeams, and support straps are all made from powder-coated steel and are designed so that once assembled, each shelf has 8 individual support straps to prevent twisting or buckling. The shelves are adjustable in 3 in. increments and the locking pins ensure that each shelf is properly installed. The rack has glass-filled nylon feet so it will not damage flooring, locking grid clips to secure the wire grids into place, and a wall mounting anchor bracket so you can secure your rack in place to prevent any accidental tipping. For easy assembly two of the four uprights come with pre-installed horizontal and diagonal support beams making getting started fast and stress-free.
- 10,000 lb. maximum capacity from 3 industrial wire grid shelves and 1 wood composite deck that can each support 2,500 lb. when evenly distributed
- Durable industrial powder-coating on the steel uprights, support straps, crossbeams, and brackets resists rust and wear and won’t fade or chip like paint
- Rugged glass fiber-reinforced nylon feet protect flooring from accidental scratches and add traction to prevent rack sliding when loading and unloading shelves
- Each of the 4 shelves features a total of 8 support straps between the crossbeams to prevent them from twisting or spreading under heavy loads
- 4 clips on each wire rack lock the grid into place on the crossbeams keeping it secure and preventing warping
- Multiple safety features include steel locking drop pins to ensure that shelves remain secured in place and a wall mounting anchor bracket to secure the rack against accidental tipping
- Shelf heights are fully customizable allowing each to be individually adjusted in 3 in. increments
- Easy to assemble design comes with pre-installed horizontal and diagonal support beams on two uprights
DXST4500 Vs DXST10000
There is a huge difference in weight between the DXST10000 and the DXST4500. That weight makes the taller unit very secure and planted. The weight is not needed for the smaller unit to remain stable. We would suggest one screw them to the wall with the supplied mounting hardware if the smaller unit was stacked to make it 8 foot tall. Here are the items that helped to make up our mind on the placement and use of these shelves. How high are you willing to lift items that you will be shelving? The unit that is 6 foot tall requires one to be able to reach that high and for some, it is not worth it. Next is how much room do you have fo these racks? The smaller unit is 18 inches deep while the larger unit is 24 inches deep. For some, 24 inches will be too much space to give up in the garage. Make sure to check out the video as we go over this indepth to help you make up your mind.