Corded & Cordless
The DEWALT DHS790AT2 FlexVolt 120V MAX double bevel compound sliding miter saw is the most innovative cordless tools introduced in 2016. We feel this way because of the miter saw’s ability to use two 60 FlexVolt batteries or a power cord adapter to run off a cord. No other saw on the market allows for this use. Having the ability to use either AC or DC power makes this saw a versatile and also able to be passed on to future generations, no matter what battery technology changes. We have seen a lot of changes in tool technology and the corded versions, even ones from 40 years ago are some of the few that might still be able to be used 40 years from now.
The DEWALT DHS790 has a powerful 120V Brushless motor provides long runtime on battery, but also a maintenance free motor when run on AC. Like all other corded DEWALT miter saws, the accuracy of this miter saw is excellent. The LED lighting over the saw blade also functions as a cut line for positioning the blade for precise cuts. Easily adjustable sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2″ nested and base molding up to 6-3/4″ vertically against the fence. The miter detent plate with 10 positive stops miters 60° to the right and 50° to the left. This is a large miter saw compared to other battery operated models, but it still only weighs 56 lbs.
No matter how you use this saw, via battery power or off the cord, performance is excellent.
- Flexible – power of corded. Freedom of cordless.
- Runtime – Up to 289 Cross Cuts in 3-1/4″ baseboard molding
- Powerful 120V Brushless motor provides longer runtime compared to Brushed motors
- CUTLINE blade positioning system; adjustment free cutline indicator
- 120V AC adapter; corded or cordless power delivers ultimate flexibility
Tool for a Lifetime
There is no knocking good battery operated tools. We enjoy them every day, but at some point, batteries change and technology brings forward something new. Tools are not made for long term use like they were 50 plus years ago. Around our shop are tools that my Grandfather used to build homes. Many of those tools were purchased in the 1970’s and they still work today. Will we be able to say that with our cordless tools made today? We think you can with the DEWALT DHS790 FlexVolt miter saw because of the corded adapter. Being able to plug the mister saw in allows for use after the batteries die or become outdated.
Beyond being outdated, the batteries in the FlexVolt saw are able to be used in 20 volt tools. These batteries might be swiped from the saw when they are needed in other tools on the jobsite. The ability to change the miter saw over to corded power when needed is the ultimate option.
In our use, we had excellent battery runtime. Our testing exceeded the results posted in the DEWALT specs. We cannot say enough great things about this saw after long term use. If you are in the market for a new miter saw, this model is one to put on the short list!
- 45° BEVEL CUT CAPACITY (DIMENSIONAL LUMBER) – 2X14″
- 45° MITER CUT CAPACITY (MAX HEIGHT) – 4″
- 45° MITER CUT CAPACITY (MAX WIDTH) – 8″
- 90° CROSS-CUT CAPACITY (DIMENSIONAL LUMBER) – 2X14″
- 90° CROSS-CUT CAPACITY (MAX WIDTH) – 16″
- AMPS – 15 AMPS
- ARBOR SIZE – 5/8 IN
- BLADE DIAMETER – 12″
- HORIZONTAL CAPACITY: BASEBOARD LYING FLAT – 16″ IN
- HORIZONTAL CAPACITY: CROWN MOLDING LYING FLAT – 13-3/4″ IN
- NO LOAD SPEED – 3800 RPM
- TOOL HEIGHT – 23 IN
- TOOL LENGTH – 32 IN
- TOOL WEIGHT – 56 LBS
- VERTICAL CAPACITY: BASEBOARD AGAINST FENCE – 6-3/4″ IN
- VERTICAL CAPACITY: CROWN MOLDING VERTICALLY NESTED – 7-1/2″ IN