Join Today
  1. Top | #1

Garage Make OVer

The garage portion of my workshop has really been neglected since we bought our property. I have been wanting to remodel it for a while but the project seemed so overwhelming between the cost and the amount of work.. The garage portion of my shop is just under 2,000 sqft and has 5 bays. A couple of weeks ago I decided the only way it was going to get done is if I just picked a wall and started there. Kinda like eating an elephant, 1 bite at a time. Ive attached a drawing of my garage. The Wall I worked on is the bay on the far right side. My plans are to remove the garage door on the lower left of the rendering and turn that area into a metal working area. Let me know what your thoughts are. i attached a link to a time lapse of me remodeling the wall if that kind of thing interest you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txdnAi20qwsGarage Make OVer-garage-remodel.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Garage Make OVer-garage-wall2.jpg  
    Last edited by Shawnee Hills; 10-29-2019 at 09:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

3. Top | #2
    As you can see from the picture above, while I was bulding the garage wall I was simultaneously building a workbench for the garage. But I am having doubts about where to mount my vice. Right now it overhangs the front enough to have a long piece of go to the floor but if you turn it 90 degrees it does not over hang the side. I am afraid to mount it too close to the end grain on the right side. What do you guys think? Here is a link to the build video, at the end I talk a little about the vice issue. https://youtu.be/2kjOoZ3lRTs