Join Today
Ridgid
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Mobile stand for my new table saw

1. Top | #11
    I like the build very much, would love to hear how it works for you when cutting a full sheet of plywood. That is a great test for carts like these.
    Learning how to be a woodworker. Pat

My other hobby, Model train modeler.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

3. Top | #12
    Looks great Shane! I JUST bought those exact plans and have the same DEWALT saw! Any suggestions on how to modify the plans for the different saw, now that you've had it a while and used it? I'm kinda new to this whole woodworking thing, so I was going to just try to figure out the modifications on my own, but if you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!!

4. Top | #13
    Very nice looking stand.

5. Top | #14
    Nice idea, good presence of mind

6. Top | #15
    Yeah, I bought the plans for this one on Wood Magazine, I think. It was sized for a Bosch GTS1031, but I made adjustments as needed. The plans include a bin lid that is also a router table surface with fence which swaps out with the table saw base, but I already have a router table, so I left the bin open.

I also still have to cut a small opening for the power cord to pass through, and a dust collector/vacuum hose access hole on the back.
    I think that in some cases trim routers are much simpler in use and more effective.

7. Top | #16
    But it all depends on each certain model. For example wood trim router from Makita, ( one of these: https://www.woodroutersreviews.com/best-trim-router/ ), are pretty simple and they don't need any specific adjustments and details in table, with which you're gonna work. But some wood routers do need some special tables, which you should construct my yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12