Join Today
Ridgid
  1. Top | #1

Sealing/finishing outdoor furniture

What do you guys use to seal or finish outdoor furniture? I have made a few outdoor projects in the past and sealed them with this stuffSealing/finishing outdoor furniture-minwax-polyurethanes-shellacs-lacquers-63205-64_400_compressed.jpg only to have it flake off after only a few months of UV exposure. I am currently building a cedar planter bench that will be auctioned off for charity and would like to apply a finish that will protect it for a long time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Ryobi 2nd Post

3. Top | #2
    good luck with that. lol....well really depends on where you live I suppose. but wayyyy up north here we get maybe 2 full seasons out of an outdoor finish. I mostly use the Helsman's outdoor finish. about 3 coats....with cedar maybe just a tompsons's water seal....then at least it's alott easier to refinish in the future

4. Top | #3
    I was already thinking about just going the Thompson's route.

5. Top | #4
    How do you plan to protect your furniture?
    I think that investing in a decent patio is a the most cost-effective way to protect your furniture. For example, such alumawood pergolas phoenix is a smart solution I guess: