Join Today
Ridgid
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cdnvet
  • 1 Post By MichaelR

Thread: Question about the Nova Infinity Quick Change Chuck System

1. Top | #1

Question about the Nova Infinity Quick Change Chuck System

Firstly I would like to congratulate your company's innovative chuck system. Wow are you going to make a lot of turners happy. I personally think it is a fantastic system. Also thank you for generously supporting Workshop Addict through tip and prizes.

However I have a question on this chuck. Can this chuck be used on other machines like General/General International or Craftex, etc.?

Thank you,

Kevin Ranta
    ASKHOLE

A person who constantly asks for your advice,
    yet always does the exact opposite of what you told them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Milwaukee Second Post

3. Top | #2
    I believe it can be used on any lathe with a 1" - 8 tpi spindle (or with an adapter). I agree with you though, having this chuck would be a big plus for any woodturner!

Mike
    "May your life be filled with quality shop time and an unending amount of lumber" Author J Miller

You can follow my work at Underground Woodworking - https://www.facebook.com/UndergroundWoodworking

4. Top | #3
    Thanks Mike. I am looking a Nova lathe right now but boy are they expensive. Great quality no doubt as I haven't heard anything bad about them. The Nova DVR-XP is $2150.00 ($2257.50 after taxes). The Nova Comet II Mini is $500.00 ($525.00 after taxes). I can't afford either yet unfortunately.

Kevin
    Last edited by cdnvet; 02-28-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    MichaelR likes this.
    ASKHOLE

A person who constantly asks for your advice,
    yet always does the exact opposite of what you told them.

5. Top | #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnvet View Post
    Thanks Mike. I am looking a Nova lathe right now but boy are they expensive. Great quality no doubt as I haven't heard anything bad about them. The Nova DVR-XP is $2150.00 ($2257.50 after taxes). The Nova Comet II Mini is $500.00 ($525.00 after taxes). I can't afford either yet unfortunately.

Kevin
    I agree, Kevin... Their products are way outside my range. My only chance to get any of their items is to win it or have them sponsor my woodworking... Maybe the first but doubtful on the last. Disability doesn't pay enough to afford a quality lathe or accessories, that's why I have to buy Harbor Freight...

Mike
    cdnvet likes this.
    "May your life be filled with quality shop time and an unending amount of lumber" Author J Miller

You can follow my work at Underground Woodworking - https://www.facebook.com/UndergroundWoodworking