Milwaukee
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sir_malaki
  • 1 Post By BuckeyeFan
  • 1 Post By sir_malaki

Thread: Summer projects anyone?

1. Top | #1

Summer projects anyone?

How many of you out there already have what seems to be a never ending and ever growing list of projects for the summer?

Here is just part of my list

Build cart for my oxy-propane torch setup
    Summer projects anyone?-img_20170519_231625596-720x1280-.jpg

Build a new steel clad top work bench/island - got a pile of recycled wood for it already, just have to build then buy the steel to make the clad top
    Summer projects anyone?-5438-799x1280-.jpg

Bought a sand blast cabinet that needs to be setup - which prompted the next job
    Summer projects anyone?-5420-1280x720-.jpg

Frame & insulate the wall behind where the sand blast cabinet will go, run a new electrical circuit & air to that area, and build a box around the air compressor because it screams like a banshee
    Summer projects anyone?-5435-720x1280-.jpg

Continue to stud out and insulate various areas of the shop - getting real tired of a cold/hot steel building

Build a new assembly table and cabinets in the woodworking area

Start the restore of my next tractor

Build new patio table and chairs

Install a new Stereo Head Unit w/GPS/Bluetooth/SirusXM, backup sonar, backup cam, trailer cam setup in my truck - had to send back one part to Crutchfield because they sent the wrong one and the one I need is back-ordered
    Summer projects anyone?-img_20170503_224727991-1280x960-.jpg

Then yesterday my wife told me to buy a new grill because our old one sucked. I've been telling her that for over a year, and she wouldn't let me buy one. When she tried to use it to cook for her and her friends she realized that I couldn't repair it anymore. Frame, tub, burners, grates all had severe heat rot. So I went and bought a new grill today that needs assembling.
    Summer projects anyone?-5427-1280x720-.jpg

Guess it was a good thing that I took my years' big vacation to England at the beginning of May. The only thing I have to schedule out of the ordinary is my Christmas present from my in-laws. They got me a charter fishing package on any of the Great Lakes I wanted. When I go fishing, it's for pan fish off a dock or shore because I don't have a boat. The biggest fish I've caught in 20 years was a 13" rock bass.
    BuckeyeFan likes this.
    I'm not an angry person! Stupid people just piss me off constantly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Hitachi 2nd Post

3. Top | #2
    My next project will be building two small kitchen cabinets. The wife has decided that our range, which from my research I found out was built in the 1950's, needs to be replaced. Since our house was built, free standing ranges are now a 30 inch standard. Ours is a 40 inch, and the now only way to get a 40 inch range is to spend a small fortune on a commercial unit. So I will be rebuilding the cabinets on the sides so that I don't have a 5 inch gap on each side of the new one.

After that, I plan on building a new outfeed table for my table saw. I saw one that I liked in the latest issue of Wood that folds down and is on casters. This will be crucial for me since I don't have much space to work in my garage.

Once the weather starts cooling down some, I plan on digging another dry well on the other side of my back yard to help with the drainage. The first one seems to be a success so I will be adding another so that I can completely drain my yard after a big rain. This will probably get put off until October or November though.

Then, if I can find the free time, I plan on building one of Matthias Wandel's bandsaws. I probably won't get to this due to the fact that the wife will probably add many more entries to her honey do list.

4. Top | #3
    Senior Member green and red man's Avatar
    Wish something could be built that would keep my clothes from getting squirted with cow and bull poop when we run them through the squeeze chute. Had the vet test bulls today. There was poop on everything. Then later we brought the other big bulls through the chute to brand them. Not as bad this time around. The cows seem to be the worst, especially when corralling them to be loaded onto trucks. ☺
    One can never have too many guns.

Signed,
    Somebody

5. Top | #4
    I'll be working on the new cabin at the farm: Summer projects anyone?-farm-2017-089.jpg

6. Top | #5
    I have to build something to store pool crap..... Something long and narrow to fit next to the house.... Don't ever have a pool...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    A.F.S.

On a scale of 1 to 10........ Be an 11.

7. Top | #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have to build something to store pool crap..... Something long and narrow to fit next to the house.... Don't ever have a pool...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    You can always go with storage benches around the pool. That's what my brother did, works great for storage and seating.

8. Top | #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_malaki View Post
    You can always go with storage benches around the pool. That's what my brother did, works great for storage and seating.
    Do they hold tubes and other large items?
    A.F.S.

On a scale of 1 to 10........ Be an 11.

9. Top | #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Do they hold tubes and other large items?

Check out one of Bob's (I Like to Make Stuff) videos on YouTube. He built what you are describing, a Simple Outdoor Storage Bench.
    Brian likes this.

10. Top | #9
    I've got a large list as well. Make new shutters for the house. Paint the exterior trim. Repair and paint a window. Insulate the garage. Cut up and burn some dead trees in the yard. Paint the storage barn. And at least a dozen and a half more to keep me busy.

I was planning on taking almost 3 weeks off the end of June, but a co-worker messed up his back and had surgery. Now I'm working overtime covering some of his shifts until he comes back to work, which we don't have a definite date which that will happen. So, maybe I'll get my time off, maybe not. If not, the list will wait.

11. Top | #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan View Post
    Check out one of Bob's (I Like to Make Stuff) videos on YouTube. He built what you are describing, a Simple Outdoor Storage Bench.
    Bob's are like my brothers, but my brother put backs on them to help keep the kids from running and jumping across/over them. A few of the spots have adjustable backs and swing up legs to make them into lounge chairs.
    BuckeyeFan likes this.