Join Today
Hitachi
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Buying Tools on eBay...

1. Top | #11
    A lot of counterfeits when buying hand tools - have to be careful. They also will post a picture of the legitimate tool from someone else's post and ship garbage. You file a report or claim and their mailing address and info doesn't exist. Verify contents over phone and search other forums for the same item under another forum name etc.
    Last edited by macVsog; 02-22-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    CivilEng likes this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Hitachi 2nd Post

3. Top | #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dans Discount Tools View Post
    I've been using eBay for the last 15 years and hear people pointing more often these days pointing to Amazon.
    The issue with Amazon, in my opinion, is how much they charge suppliers. Having looked into selling through Amazon myself, they'll charge 45% on a product for their services cutting heavily into the supplier. This is of course how Amazon is so profitable, it is basically the online Walmart. Perhaps research through Amazon and then go to the company or a different seller such as McMaster or Ebay to buy.

4. Top | #13
    There are some online auction sites that sell tooling, have some weekly sales and offer shipping as well. You can pick up some good deals. Otherwise, Amazon is a good place as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12