Join Today
Ridgid
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sir_malaki

Thread: Awesome Christmas gift from my god son!

1. Top | #1

Awesome Christmas gift from my god son!

I had an unexpected freight delivery the other day. It was a wooden crate that weighed 87 pounds from my 12-year-old godson in Arizona. Little surprising because they spent the holidays back here in Michigan this year. Being a military family, they never know where they will be from year to year. I felt terrible because I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I would have liked. I work two teaching jobs, elementary and college while working on my doctorates in education. I wasn't working because of the holiday break, but I had to do lesson plans and work on my doctoral thesis.

My godson loves to help me in the workshop, and it doesn't matter on what. Be it metal, wood, mechanical, electrical, blacksmithing, construction its all fun for him. He has Asperger's syndrome and working with his hand allows him to focus and relate to the world around him. His condition is part of my drive to teach and work on my doctorates.

Opening the crate, I found this and a handwritten letter inside. Good thing I'm a teacher because his handwriting looks like alien hieroglyphs. He wanted to type it, but his dad made him write it to practice his handwriting.
    Awesome Christmas gift from my god son!-img_20190105_163413325-960x1280-.jpg Awesome Christmas gift from my god son!-img_20190105_163423011-960x1280-.jpg

After returning home, they went to an estate auction, and he bought this with his own money. I'm instructed not to do anything with it because we are going to restore it when he comes to visit over the summer. This type of drill press he will be allowed to use because it's not as dangerous as an electric powered one according to his mom. He has been looking them up online and has the colors and pinstriping already picked out.

He thinks I work too much and need to spend more time in the shop, have a beer and to work on things I like. I have to agree with that, as they say, "out of the mouth of babes."
    Last edited by sir_malaki; 01-14-2019 at 04:02 AM.
    2LaneCruzer likes this.
    ... I didn't do it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Ridgid 2nd Post