Join Today
Ridgid
  1. Top | #1

Dust Collection for dw735x

I have just received the dewalt 735x thickness planer and I have questions on dust collection. I have a shopvac with a dustopper on a bucket. The hoses are 2.5 inches. I see that the planer can take either a 4 or a 2.5 hose. I have also heard that the shopvac doesn't need to be on since the blower is so powerful on the planer. My question is what are people doing for dust collection. I was thinking of a 4 in hose going into a 1,3 or 5 micron bag and leave it at that. Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Ryobi 2nd Post

3. Top | #2
    What works best for me is to carry the planer outside and not worry about it. However, that is such a chore any more it's not practical. I have a cyclone set up attached to a shop vac that works, but it doesn't take long to fill up a 5 gallon bucket. Then there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Wakn0vazc
    Have wings, will travel

4. Top | #3
    Thanks for your reply! Are you using a 2 in or 4 in hose coming off the planer? If it's 2 in are you experiencing any backups?

5. Top | #4
    Four inch I believe; no backups. Can't think of the name of the device at the moment; it's basically a cyclone that sits atop a 5 gallon bucket...not much dust reaches the shop vac.
    Have wings, will travel

6. Top | #5
    I was using a 2 1/2 in. hose into my dust deputy and 5 gallon bucket. It worked pretty good but still had a mess on the floor and infeed and outteed tables and on top of the motor even. I guess the 2 1/2 in. hose isn't really big enough to carry the amount of wood chips it makes. I got the Laguna CFlux1 for Christmas and now just go straight to it with 4 in. hose and nothing to clean up now anywhere. I love it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

7. Top | #6
    " it's basically a cyclone that sits atop a 5 gallon bucket...not much dust reaches the shop vac."

Dust Deputy?
    Last edited by kennywayne99; 01-05-2019 at 11:06 PM.

8. Top | #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kennywayne99 View Post
    " it's basically a cyclone that sits atop a 5 gallon bucket...not much dust reaches the shop vac."

Dust Deputy?
    Yep! That's it!
    Have wings, will travel