Join Today
Ridgid
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sir_malaki
  • 1 Post By sir_malaki

Thread: 17Ē bandsaw delivery

1. Top | #1

17Ē bandsaw delivery

Hi all, new to the forum, first post. Iím wanting to purchase a Grizzly 17Ē bandsaw but need to figure out how to offload it from shopping pallet into my small shop. I donít have a lift nor do I have room to store one (not likely to need afterwards).

Any tips or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Ridgid 2nd Post

3. Top | #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadymark View Post
    Hi all, new to the forum, first post. Iím wanting to purchase a Grizzly 17Ē bandsaw but need to figure out how to offload it from shopping pallet into my small shop. I donít have a lift nor do I have room to store one (not likely to need afterwards).

Any tips or suggestions?

Saw a YouTube video where a guy used some hardware to hang it from the angle iron of his garage door track. It worked for him, but sounds a little sketchy. I think I could do the same thing but would love done reassurance that it could handle the 425lbs.

4. Top | #3
    I would recommend using a cherry picker (engine hoist). Ask around many people have them, or go to an auto parts stores to rent one for the day. I rented one before I bought one and it cost me around $20 for the day. A lot cheaper than medical bills from something sketchy and it's gone when you're done.
    Dreadymark likes this.
    ... I didn't do it!

5. Top | #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_malaki View Post
    I would recommend using a cherry picker (engine hoist). Ask around many people have them, or go to an auto parts stores to rent one for the day. I rented one before I bought one and it cost me around $20 for the day. A lot cheaper than medical bills from something sketchy and it's gone when you're done.
    Thank you, Sir. I had no idea I could rent one, will check that out.

My clearance into the garage is 81.5Ē and the crate/saw arrives at 81Ē. Iíll have to be sure the hoist doesnít add more than a couple inches in overall height. What a nightmare if it got to my driveway but couldnít get in. I may have to bribe some help, no matter what, to tilt it in. My hope is to lift it onto a mobile base with the hoist and roll it in...

6. Top | #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadymark View Post
    Thank you, Sir. I had no idea I could rent one, will check that out.

My clearance into the garage is 81.5” and the crate/saw arrives at 81”. I’ll have to be sure the hoist doesn’t add more than a couple inches in overall height. What a nightmare if it got to my driveway but couldn’t get in. I may have to bribe some help, no matter what, to tilt it in. My hope is to lift it onto a mobile base with the hoist and roll it in...

If you are that short on headspace you could try an appliance dolly (the heavy handcarts with straps). Those can be rented from u-haul stores. Strap it to the dolly, tilt/roll-off pallet and move to the location or tilt it into a mobile base. with two people and it strapped to the dolly it should be straightforward. That is how we moved my brothers bridgeport mill.
    Dreadymark likes this.
    ... I didn't do it!

7. Top | #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_malaki View Post
    If you are that short on headspace you could try an appliance dolly (the heavy handcarts with straps). Those can be rented from u-haul stores. Strap it to the dolly, tilt/roll-off pallet and move to the location or tilt it into a mobile base. with two people and it strapped to the dolly it should be straightforward. That is how we moved my brothers bridgeport mill.
    Thatís perfect. I wasnít sure how manageable it would be one, but that sounds way better. All the review vids Iíd seen were using lifts of sorts so I assumed it too top heavy to do so.

Thanks again sir! Now Iím getting excited again