Join Today
Ryobi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Opinions On A New Drill

1. Top | #1

Opinions On A New Drill

Hey gang, I'm in the market for a new compact drill/driver. I've looked at a few of the 12v units out there. Mainly the Ridgid units, but I'm open to any brand. Any help, tips, or ideas would be great. Thanks!
    http://donnycarter.com/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Ryobi 2nd Post

3. Top | #2
    Banned
    I use Dewalt and don't have any complaints.
    donnymcarter likes this.

4. Top | #3
    I've used Porter Cable every since I bought my first cordless many years ago, no problems here either! Stick with most any of the major brands & you should be OK, most are owned by very few companies anyway!
    donnymcarter and sefleming like this.

5. Top | #4
    If you only want a 12 V. I would look into the the Milwaukee 12V Fuel....I know ...I know...surprise surprise I said Milwaukee.....BUT ...you wouldn't believe the power that little drill and driver have in the fuel model! I won one here years ago..after using that drill is what got me hooked on Milwaukee products....but I would def spend the extra couple bucks and get the Fuel . I compared it to the normal 12 volt that my brother bought and it just blows it right out of the water ! it basically has the power of a 18V tool. another nice thing is that the batteries for the 12 are a decent price. so it wont make you break the bank to grab a couple batteries..
    cdnvet and donnymcarter like this.

6. Top | #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
    If you only want a 12 V. I would look into the the Milwaukee 12V Fuel....I know ...I know...surprise surprise I said Milwaukee.....BUT ...you wouldn't believe the power that little drill and driver have in the fuel model! I won one here years ago..after using that drill is what got me hooked on Milwaukee products....but I would def spend the extra couple bucks and get the Fuel . I compared it to the normal 12 volt that my brother bought and it just blows it right out of the water ! it basically has the power of a 18V tool. another nice thing is that the batteries for the 12 are a decent price. so it wont make you break the bank to grab a couple batteries..
    I'm not stuck on 12v, I just know I don't need to reach for a big 18v driver for small tasks in the shop or around the house. I'd rather spend the money and get what I want then to save a few bucks on something I don't! I'll check them out, thanks!

7. Top | #6
    Have you checked out the new Makita 18v sub compact drill and impact? As small as 12v tools with the ability to use 18v batteries.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Brian, donnymcarter and rfwjr like this.

8. Top | #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rrich1 View Post
    Have you checked out the new Makita 18v sub compact drill and impact? As small as 12v tools with the ability to use 18v batteries.

For SMALL projects the 18 volt sub compact Makitas are nice.
    donnymcarter and rfwjr like this.
    A.F.S.

On a scale of 1 to 10........ Be an 11.

9. Top | #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rrich1 View Post

I haven't seen them, but will take a look!Thanks!
    rrich1 likes this.

10. Top | #9
    Those new Makita subcompact look really nice and I think they are smaller than my Ridgid 12 volt set. I stop and play with them when I am in HD.
    donnymcarter and rrich1 like this.
    "220...221 whatever it takes."

11. Top | #10
    Quote Originally Posted by donnymcarter View Post
    I haven't seen them, but will take a look!Thanks!
    Just an FYI, if you are buying whatever you pick from home depot and menards is running their 11% rebate week, home depot will match it with their own 11% mail in rebate. Just Google home depot 11% for the rebate form. Send it in and get a gift card back. Has to be an in store purchase. Good way to get money back if you are going to buy something regardless.

donnymcarter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast