Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Everyone say goodbye!

1. Top | #11
    Me too. I hope they bring it back and are successful.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    A.F.S.

On a scale of 1 to 10........ Be an 11.

2. Top | #12
    I read a report today that said both Sears and Stanley Black & Decker would have rights to manufacture the Craftsman line of tools; everything from the hand tools all the way to the outdoor power equipment, and everything in between. Moreover, there is no requirement for either company to distinguish itself from the other in respects to the Craftsman brand. It did reiterate that even though SBD and Sears are both currently manufacturing most of their tool in China, SBD plans on bringing a lot of this back home in the coming years.

3. Top | #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan View Post
    I read a report today that said both Sears and Stanley Black & Decker would have rights to manufacture the Craftsman line of tools; everything from the hand tools all the way to the outdoor power equipment, and everything in between. Moreover, there is no requirement for either company to distinguish itself from the other in respects to the Craftsman brand. It did reiterate that even though SBD and Sears are both currently manufacturing most of their tool in China, SBD plans on bringing a lot of this back home in the coming years.
    That will suck.... So now it will be a game of was this made by Sears or SBD....
    A.F.S.

On a scale of 1 to 10........ Be an 11.

4. Top | #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    That will suck.... So now it will be a game of was this made by Sears or SBD....
    Ya, it could be a problem with second hand tools, but for original owners it shouldn't be much of a problem. If it was purchased at Sears, then it was made by the Sears Chinese manufacturer, if at Lowes, Home Depot, etc., then it was made by the SBD manufacturer. The only one that might be tricky would be if it was purchased at Ace since Sears started to allow them to sell Craftsman before they sold to SBD.
    Brian likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12