Join Today
Ryobi
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Leather toolbelts

1. Top | #11
    I prefer the leather over the nylon fabric for a couple of reasons. One, the leather is much more durable from rips and punctures from screws, nails, staples and knives. Second it is much easier to clean when you accidentally get solvents or oils on it. Actually the oils may help somewhat preserve it. I am a cheap bugger normally but when it comes to having something last years rather than a few months, I tend to pick the years so I don't have to buy another one right away. The nylons ones tend to be too stiff and begin to fray apart when reaching into a pouch where the leather doesn't. The leather becomes softer and more pliable like a well used baseball glove. That is my thoughts on them anyways.
    WHAT IS AN ASKHOLE?

A person who constantly asks for your advice,
    yet always does the exact opposite of what you told them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Ridgid 2nd Post

3. Top | #12
    Always leather for me. So durable.

4. Top | #13
    I don't use a tool belt. But I don't do big construction jobs either. Mostly just small shop work. But this vest does intrigue me to the point that I want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEMi...Xddjpw&index=4

5. Top | #14
    Definitely leather. Got one from a friend in 1989 and used it till the end of last year. Bought another leather one, they last forever.

6. Top | #15
    Self employed trim carpenter for almost 35 years now retired. I had two Nichols leather apron type. My last one a bit ragged but still functional & hanging in my shop. Both had the middle tape pouch & that's the place they wore the most. I'm not heavy in weight but I guess all the belly rubbing over the years caused it.

This is weird but I had a hernia surgery about eight years ago. My doctor asked me what I worked at. After telling him he asked if I wore a tool belt. He said to stop wearing it because your mid stomach area shows it inside. This is where I had popped too, right above the tape measure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12