Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Woodpecker Woodworking Tools?

1. Top | #1
    Senior Member green and red man's Avatar

Woodpecker Woodworking Tools?

My email gets a barrage of tool ads from this company. Supposed to be made in USA. Anyone here purchase from them? The router bits look to be high quality like the other tools.
    Woodpeck.com for Router Tables, Router Lifts, Router Bits, Precision Squares, Fine Woodworking Tools, Whiteside Router Bits and Kreg Tools.
    One can never have too many guns.

Signed,
    Somebody

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

3. Top | #2
    They make a lot of high dollar woodworking tools and most are excellent.

Here is a blog we wrote on a limited edition tool. Woodpeckers
    A.F.S.

On a scale of 1 to 10........ Be an 11.

4. Top | #3
    Have a few of their tools. Extremely accurate and beautifully made. Big price tags though. They are made in a small shop in Ohio with some amazing milling machines. They have a regular line of things that are always available and then they do a series of "one time" tools where they gear up the machines to run a limited set of a particular item which when sold out may not be made again. I chatted with them a while at WWIA in 2014. Nice folks, beautiful craftsmanship. Their router table, fence, and lift system are, I think, the best on the market. And Rich has a big square that one day I'm going to steal right out of his shop. I have a gorgeous 4' straight edge that I use as a reference for setting up tools and during milling. When they say "straight," they mean within a thousandth over a long distance. Great stuff, just don't let the wife find out because it's always an "ouch" in the wallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Belg likes this.
    "Sometimes the creative process requires foul language." -- Charles Neil.

5. Top | #4
    I have never bought nothing from them.....wayyy to expensive for this guy....but I hae heard a lot of people complaining about them lately and the lack of getting their products out in any time of timely manner. especially their "one time tools" people are always complaing about not receiving their tools for months after the "months" of already wait time theat they were quoted
    Belg likes this.

6. Top | #5
    Senior Member green and red man's Avatar
    Their prices are definitely pretty high. Being made in the USA will certainly mandate a higher price compared to cheap Chinese and other labor as well as material costs. Was wishing they had a quality clamp type cutting guide.
    One can never have too many guns.

Signed,
    Somebody

7. Top | #6
    I'm going to resurrect this old thread because I have been seeing a lot more of these emails and tools lately. Over on the blog, there has been a few reviews as of late, but I get the feeling that they are paid reviews. If I am wrong, please correct me. Has any one else bought these?

8. Top | #7
    I bought a Pen Blank Center Finder recently. I got it from Woodcraft.
    I paid $40, but IMHO, it's worth it. No more hunting for a oversize center finder to mark a pen blank with.
    It was discontinued several years ago, so I consider myself lucky to have found one for sale.
    Brand new, still factory sealed to boot.

But $270 for a miter square? I don't think so.
    dan777 likes this.

9. Top | #8
    Great quality equipment but crazy expensive.
    WHAT IS AN ASKHOLE?

A person who constantly asks for your advice,
    yet always does the exact opposite of what you told them.

10. Top | #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan View Post
    I'm going to resurrect this old thread because I have been seeing a lot more of these emails and tools lately. Over on the blog, there has been a few reviews as of late, but I get the feeling that they are paid reviews. If I am wrong, please correct me. Has any one else bought these?
    They are not paid reviews, but I totally understand why you feel that way. Andy is working on getting better at it, but he feels the need to get out a lot of ordering info right at the beginning. We have talked about it.

The tools are very nice, but the price is crazy. Also, the one time tools make it seem different and maybe an odd marketing scheme.

Put all of that together and the videos feel like a bad infomercial.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    A.F.S.

On a scale of 1 to 10........ Be an 11.

11. Top | #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan View Post
    I have drooled over their tools and have no doubt they are excellent quality, but I cannot afford them.
    sir_malaki likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast