Join Today
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By JustSomeGuy
  • 1 Post By fire65

Thread: Ryobi biscuit joiner

1. Top | #1

Ryobi biscuit joiner

so i was wandering through home depot on my lunch today and like always going through the tools when i noticed that the ryobi biscuit joiner that was normally $159 looked like it dropped to $129 and was in the clearance section so i grabbed a worker that was walkin by and asked her about it...she couldn't figure out either if it was on sale or if they dropped the price to that now to be the normal price...but she said that it was in the clearance section so it might go lower in price.....i asked her if i should maybe just come back and keep looking to see if it drops more?..without any hesitation she immediately said... I CAN DROP ANOTHER $30 bucks off that price if you want !!!!!! SOLD !!!! the only thing is that it's their old blue colour and not the new green colour...i compared the specs to the new green coloured one and everything looked the same as far as i could see..so now i have a new toy that hopefully will be able to try out soon if i ever get a chance to get off that scroll saw lol...

any you guys out there got this bran biscuit joiner? any pro or con's to other bran's out there? any tips?
    MichaelR, LarryS and Chuck Nichter like this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

3. Top | #2
    I have the porter cable 557 biscuit joiner and it is awesome. I don't have any experience with the Ryobi, but for that price, you can't pass up on it. I don't use biscuits much anymore since I got a kreg jig, but every once in a while, a biscuit works better than a pocket screw.
    You would almost think they were all Canadian.....HAHAHAHA
    ----cdnvet

4. Top | #3
    Biscuit jointer is great for putting panels together for something like a table top. Helps to keep everything aligned when gluing.

Sent from my iPad

5. Top | #4
    That is a great buy !!!

I have a DeWalt biscuit jointer. I just used it a couple weeks ago.

Very handy to have when you need it.

6. Top | #5
    Viljoenskroon, a small town in the Northeren Free State - South Africa
    I envy you guys in the States, in South Africa especially where I stay you can get whatever you want if you are happy to be ripped of or travel 340 kM's (212 miles) to reputable suppliers. Or you can have it delivered via snail mail or courier services. I prefer driving there and look things through.

my choice was a Makita, for two reasons : I can order spares directly from the distributors and like my other Makita tools they last forever.

Mine works a lot as I have to laminate large panels which works out far cheaper than laminated boards as I refuse to work with MDF boards.

Hope you enjoy every bit of using it.

7. Top | #6
    I know a lot of people dis the biscuit joiner but I use mine a lot. I really like it for putting solid wood edging on the fronts of counter tops.
    JustSomeGuy likes this.

8. Top | #7
    In my opinion, Ryobi doesnt make any tool that is supposed to be use on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I think they make good tools for the weekend warriors, but they are just not built to take the abuse of daily use.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk