Join Today
Ridgid
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tugnut1

Thread: UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review

1. Top | #1

UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review

UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review

UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5491.jpg UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5497.jpg

In case the name UFFY Tools doesn't sound familar to you, don't feel bad. UFFY tools makes industrial grade pneumatic fasteners and therefore until just recently wasn't available to the public.

UFFY Tools has been in the business of supplying various fasteners to the mobile home / RV manufacturing industry for about 50 years now. The pneumatic tool side of the company was started because of a request from the same companies that they were supplying their fasteners to. These companies weren't happy with the performance of their other "industrial grade" tools. They appeared to be failing more and more often. From there, Uffy Tools were born.

There are basically three different grades of tools. There is the DIY or homeowner line that works great for the majority of light duty, short duration job. There is the Professional or Contractor grade tool. These will give contractors a reliable tool that performs at a high level. Then there is the Industrial Grade tool. These tools are built to withstand continuous use over a very long period of time. If you are running a business where the more product you can finish in a day, the more profitable you can be, you need your tools not to fail. Whenever you have to stop production because a tool fails, you are losing money.

Until just recently, Uffy only sold their tools to industry, but have come to realize that there are people out there that recognize and want top end tools. Usually the problem is, they don't have access to them.

A few weeks ago, Uffy Tools sent me their 23 gauge headless pinner to try out and give my impression on it. Let me tell you right now, I have not tried to run this tool to its limit. Quite frankly, I don't think I have enough time or money for nails over this next year to take it to a state of failure.

At first glance, it looks like almost all of the other pinners on the market, but once you pick it up you will immediately notice that it has some substance about it. When you take a closer look, you can see where this feel comes from. The pinner is made almost entirely of metal. There is very little plastic on this unit. Even though this unit has very little plastic on it, it does not feel overly heavy.

UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5495.jpg UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5496.jpg

The pinner will handle 9 different lengths of nails up to 2 inches. That is a huge range of nails. I can't imagine needing anything longer than 2 inches.

UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5492.jpg UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5494.jpg UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5500.jpg

UFFY Tools 23 gauge headless pinner review-img_5499.jpg

Here are some of the features that makes the Uffy Pneumatic line so unique. I wasn't able to capture all of this on the video, but I feel it is important information as to the quality of this unit.

• All cylinders are steel for longer life and more driving power. Try these tools on the hardest wood you can find. You will be impressed with their performance. Many companies use plastic. Over time plastic will belly which will reduce the tool’s power.
    • The internal O-Rings are made from the highest quality materials available for longer life.
    • Uffy uses hardened driver blades for longer life.
    • Their magazines are a mixture of metal and high-impact nylon. No plastic parts

Its almost unfair to compare this pinner to anything else on the market that you can buy. If you are looking for a pinner and you want something that you will only ever have to buy once, contact UFFY Tools and find out how you can get one.

You can of course contact them though their forum on our site. The other two ways you can talk to them is by phone at 800.FOR.HDW or you can email them at info@uffytools.com.

LarryS and uffy like this.
    You would almost think they were all Canadian.....HAHAHAHA
    ----cdnvet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Hitachi 2nd Post

3. Top | #2
    Premium Member The Box Store Craftsman's Avatar
    Looks like a well made unit. Thanks for the vid.

4. Top | #3
    I like it also, seen another video on the 18 guage nailer with trigger lock for ripid firing, gonna call and see how much that is, would love to have that feature!

5. Top | #4
    I've got several 18 ga nailers but I do need a 23 ga nailer. They seem to make almost no indentations when installing mouldings.
    "May your life be filled with quality shop time and an unending amount of lumber" Author J Miller

You can follow my work at Underground Woodworking - https://www.facebook.com/UndergroundWoodworking