Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Out Feed Table ideas

Out Feed Table ideas

In the next few months, I want to make an outfeed table for my Ridgid tablesaw.

I am looking for some suggestions as how to do it. I've seen a few pictures on line, but I want to pick all of your minds before I jump into it.

There is one thing that is a must for this table. It has to fold down when not in use. I don't have the biggest shop in the world, so I want to be able to fold it down and out of the way most of the time.

I guess my biggest issue is how I am going to mount it to the table.

Any suggestions and pictures are definitely solicited.
    "Put your seat belt on. I saw this thing on a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can do it."
    ----Dunleavy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register to remove all the ads.

Wish I could help, John, but I have a freestanding one behind my cabinet say. I always wanted to make a folding outfeed table for my contractor saw but never got around to it. Have you considered a movable outfeed that would double as an assembly table? You only need a little over 3 feet beyond the saw to keep an 8 footer from tipping so a 3'x4' table would do the trick and be able to double as storage and assembly.

Bill
    It's not a mistake, it's an opportunity for design change.

couple sawhorses and a sheet of 3/4 on top of them should do the trick...lmfao...that's about what I got for a outfeed table for the exact same reasons as you,...no room..lol

Hey Babb. My assembly table was my out feed table for my old saw. The Ridgid is about 2 inches taller. Plus I usually have a ton of crap on my assembly table at any given time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    "Put your seat belt on. I saw this thing on a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can do it."
    ----Dunleavy

Did you forget about the outfeed table rrmccabe built?I think that is a great set up and I'm just waiting to upgrade my saw (to the ridged r4512) and give it a try.Every time I'm ready to upgrade something else takes the money.Any issues with the saw yet?

Grant I love mine.

After building mine a few months ago (see here) I wouldn't ever go without an outfeed table.
    grantm likes this.
    Any hobby that cost money... Sign me up !
    My other toy (click here)

Glad it's working out for you Rich.My saw is not worth adding to but I have a mobile bench that's just slightly lower than the saw if I need it.As soon as I get a new saw That outfeed or something very close to it will be top of the list.Thanks again for sharing.

Crazy -- I'm working on one right now too for my DeWalt 745. I guess it's more of a rolling cabinet with a top that the saw will bolt down to. It will have hinged infeed supports on the left and right that swing up into place when needed and an outfeed support that does the same. Underneath the saw will be two drawers, the top one just to catch all of the dust that misses the collection port, and another for push sticks and featherboards. A 10" high cabinet on the bottom will hold four bags of concrete mix for weight.

If the hinged panels and braces work as well for infeed/outfeed support as they do right now in my head, I'll send you some pics...
    tugnut1 likes this.

I built a out feed table that folds down for my saw a while back and I love it. the only thing I would change on mine is I would us angle iron to mount it to the saw instead of wood. Laney made a nice one for his table saw you might take a look at his as well.

Hey tug!Check this one out.I didn't read it yet but at a quick glance looks like it might work.Build a Folding Outfeed Table to Mount on Your Table Saw Stand | Rockler How-to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast